ANXIETY – Do you suffer with it?
- Often feel tense, nervous or restless?
- Find it difficult to shift your focus from worries you may have?
- Experience a sense of impending danger or panic?
- Experience irrational thoughts, fears and worries?
- Find social situations awkward?
- Worry about what others think of you?
- Get stomach cramps?
- Have trouble sleeping?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to 3 or more of these questions then you most likely suffering with excessive levels of anxiety.
Although it may feel like it at times, you are most definitely not alone in feeling the way you do.
We are in the throes of a Mental Health crisis in Ireland and it is glaringly obvious that very little help is out there. There has been fantastic work done in the last decade to raise awareness about Mental Health and Mental Health issues but unfortunately at the moment, we have all of this awareness but very little help or support available for people that are really struggling!
You are encouraged to go to your GP and open up about your struggles. Depending on the severity of your difficulties, you most likely will be given three options.
- Medication – the amount of people being prescribed anti-anxiety medication is on the exponential rise. The scary thing is that some people are prescribed medication in cases where they might not even need it. Mention the word “Anxiety” and before you can finish your sentence the script is being torn from the pad and you’re being sent on your merry way. If you are lucky enough to have a thorough GP, the first thing they will do is check you out physically, as sometimes you may be experiencing excessive levels of anxiety due to a physical ailment.
- Therapy – Once physical illness is ruled out, hopefully the next step would be to recommend a talk therapy. There are many fantastic therapies out there that can tackle your struggle with anxiety, however you have to be open to talk therapies (for many people especially there is still a huge stigma and fear around counselling). Then you have to find a therapist that you can gel with and build a beneficial therapeutic relationship with, unfortunately this does not always happen first time round (I speak from personal experience) and in some cases people are put off completely by this.
- If your difficulties are acute and you are in crisis, you may be admitted to a mental health unit where they are (most likely) ill equipped to provide adequate treatment to you.
I have experienced the Mental Health service and it’s inadequacies first hand, what is a person in crisis to do when they reach out for help and they’re told “Yes we’ll help you but we’re putting you on a waiting list for a year and a half” and basically jog on until then?
I know the frustration and fear surrounding the feeling of anxiety. I have in the past suffered from excessive levels of anxiety and severe panic attacks, where I felt like I was going to die. Although outwardly I have always been quite a confident person, inwardly I have suffered deeply from crippling anxiety, fear and worry.
If you are reading this, I am assuming that you or a loved one suffers from and feels powerless over difficulties and struggles with anxiety. I want you to know that it is possible to overcome this suffering and pain and that it is possible to live a normal life free of that struggle.
I am offering a 4th option… An Online Coaching Programme that will kick start your journey in taking your power back from anxiety, support you in taking positive steps toward building your self-awareness and easing the suffering you experience.
What is a “Coaching Programme” you might be wondering…
A Coaching Programme combines an Online Course (education) with self-reflection and coaching exercises (putting strategies in place, making goals and progress achievable) and consistent support within the duration/length of time allocated to it.
This coaching programme is for anybody that struggles with anxiety on a regular basis. This programme is not a quick fix – it will take time and effort and it will hopefully give you the kickstart and motivation to get to the root of what is triggering excessive anxiety levels and at least make it more manageable, if not overcome it entirely.
From the minute you start this online programme you will be educated, encouraged to increase your self-awareness and supported to put strategies in place that will help you to end the suffering and pain you experience as a result of anxiety.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I am not licensed to advise or treat any medical or mental conditions. If you are considering signing up to any of my coaching programmes and you have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, are on medication or undergoing therapy, I strongly request that you consult with your GP or therapist before signing up just to make doubly sure that this is the right time for you to opt into this programme. This programme is not intended to replace any medical treatment or therapy you are part-taking in. The information and tips contained within this programme are the result of valuable experience and learning gained from studying psychology, education and personal development and are shared with the intention of enhancing your general wellbeing. This programme is not a quick fix but it is an excellent way of beginning to look more closely at your experiences and hopefully ease the suffering you experience as a result of moderate to excessive levels of anxiety. As a professional coach, I have a duty of care, and if any disclosures are made in relation to someone harming you or intent to harm yourself, I am legally obliged to report them.
What we will do during this coaching programme:
- Pick apart Anxiety so as to take away the fear and misperceptions surrounding it
- Take an in-depth look at where you are in your life right now so that we can make a plan tailored to your needs that will enable you to move forward in a positive direction
- Look at the possible root cause/causes of the anxiety you experience
- Look at your anxiety triggers and the effectiveness of your current coping mechanisms
- Give you a wide range of strategies that will enable you to regain your personal power
- Show you how you can embrace change and settle into a more comfortable daily life
- Coach you around how you will put everything you have learned in motion, making your progress sustainable and long lasting
What you get:
- 12 Modules
- Coaching Videos
- Coaching Exercises
- Easy Self-reflections
- Step-by-step learning and guidance
- Accountability and Encouragement to reach your goals
- Email support and regular check-ins with me throughout