Values are the cornerstones of our lives, they play a very strong role in shaping our life experience and who we are.
Our values are constantly changing and evolving, what you valued 10 years ago will most likely be very different to what you value now.
When you begin to investigate and identify what your values are, life begins to fall into place and make a lot more sense. Your behaviours, choices, desires all become much clearer when looked at through the context of what you really value.
Before I studied to be a Life Coach back in 2016, I had no real conscious awareness of what my values were. I had never really thought about them and no one had ever asked me what they were. Discussing values is an important part of the coaching process and when I began to learn how to do this with coaching clients, I began the very exciting journey of investigating my own values at the same time. I had recently decided to take a break from teaching, which I knew intuitively was the right thing for me to do, but I was still uneasy and a bit fearful of my decision. I discovered that (for many reasons) within my life and career up to that point, I wasn’t able to fully honour my values. Everything began to make sense, why I was so unhappy, why I had made the choices that I did and from then on I felt at peace on my new path and even excited to embark on a new chapter in my life and career.
In this workshop we will:
- Look at Values as a concept and why they are so important to us
- Look at the different types of values
- Learn the skill of identifying what your values are
- Look at the many areas in your life where values are particularly important
- Assess how satisfied you are with your most important values
- Learn how to honour your values more successfully
- Discover the many benefits of valuing your values
Date: 23rd June 2021
Workshop Duration: 1.5-2 hours
Places are limited